Monday, November 16, 2009

Left USA with slight delay

Hi everyone. This is Corie's dad, back in the blogging seat. I'll be updating frequently when we hear from her. Flight left Eugene late on Saturday due to ice on the wings. So she missed her Sunday flight from Washington DC to Johannesburg, South Africa. Had to reschedule and leave DC on Sunday instead. Here's an email she wrote Sunday, and we got from South Africa today:
So I just got into South Africa, no idea what time it is there, or what day or anything I'm so out of it, hahaha. Just wanted to let you know I got here ok and should have no problems getting into Madagascar tomorrow. PCorp is picking me up and we're gonna go to training when I'll be basically exactly 24 hours (fashionably) late. No worries, glad I got to sleep in DC hotel, it was much needed. Probably won't have time to pick up a phone in the airport like I was hoping, so it might be a little while till you hear from me...but know I'm safe and most likely happy.
The flight to SAfrica was good, lots of movies, sleeping, food was actually good...overall its been an easy trip. People were really nice to me and helpful when I landed too...good welcome to Africa :)
I hope you guys are doing good! I'm sad I won't see you for a long time, but I know that this is where I need to be right now, the time will go by quicker than I expect, and you guys will be there when I get back. Love you sooo much! I'll talk to you again when I can.--Corie

No comments: