Just received this letter today:
Hi Mom & Dad! Well, I've been here about 5 days now and I told you I'd write often so...ha ha. Training was good! Lots of info but mostly just an opportunity to re-adjust. I have to say though that I could NOT wipe the smile off my face in the Tana airport, driving through the streets, getting to the training center, seeing staff and other PCV friends...it felt like a homecoming at least to a degree. I know my culture shock is probably yet to come, but it will at least be a lot less intense, so it seems. My site sounds really amazing. The staff keeps telling me how beautiful it is with the tsingy right outside my door, the small size of the village, the privacy, the supportive community, the way people take care of one another. I've heard a lot of good things and can't wait to see it! I am of course nervous though! I'm really excited to be able to get a garden going and set up my new house.
Tomorrow we are all going back to Tana to shop (buy a phone!), hang out and do last-minute paperwork and stuff, then we swear-in at the U.S. ambassador's house on Tuesday, then we fly/drive out to site on Wednesday. There are 10 regular PCV's and 4 PC Response people (they are on 6-month contracts with NGO's). Seems to be a good group. Hope you guys are doing well! Happy Thanksgiving! Love you! -- Cor
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so glad you can chat with family more easily by phone tan in last village...but what's a garden without watermelons for MerfFest?
Post a Comment